This article is for Garmin customers only.
If you are a Fitbit customer experiencing weather issues, please click here.
Why is my weather incorrect?
We've done everything we can to make weather as reliable as possible on your Garmin. However, sometimes issues can happen, such as:
- Your Garmin Connect IQ mobile app is being killed by your phone (which prevents us from refreshing weather)
- Your watch is not connecting to your phone
- You have not set up Lignite Weather
How do I fix the weather on my Garmin?
First, please ensure that you have set up Lignite Weather by going to www.Lignite.me/weather and logging in.
If you log in to Lignite and see a temperature/condition value, that means you already set up your weather with Lignite, but something is wrong with your watch/phone.
If that is the case, please try the following other solutions:
- Reboot your phone
- Reboot your watch
- Turn off battery saver/low power mode on your phone (as these modes kill background events which the Garmin Connect IQ app requires to fetch your weather data)
- Switch your weather provider to Garmin in your watchface's settings page
That should do the trick!
Hopefully your weather is working once again so you can know what to wear.
P.S. did you know that ALL of our Garmin clocks have weather built in? You can check out everything we've built at www.Lignite.io.